You may have noticed yet another round of changes to the Brand Camp Blog layout. These were, at first, unplanned, as I was attempting to install the IntenseDebate plugin for WordPress and subsequently broke all the blog’s comments. Of COURSE I hadn’t backed up the files before installing the plugin, so um…I broke the blog.
And instead of driving to my studio, where the original theme files lived, I installed a new template and went to pimptown on it. The new features, ladies and gents:
IntenseDebate. Lovely reader, you can now login to comment with your Twitter or OpenID accounts. Oh, and you can reply to a specific comment — all threaded and civilized-like.
PSST! There’s a WordPress plugin for this!
- Back up your blog.
- Hit up Plugins–>Add New from your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for ‘IntenseDebate’ in the ‘Search Plugins’ box, and it’ll pop up.
- Click ‘Install’ and choose ‘Install now’ from the popup that appears.
- Click ‘Activate plugin’ and voila!
- You’ll need to configure it under ‘Settings’ from your WordPress dashboard. I totally learned about easy plugin installation like, two weeks ago, so I’m an expert. (An expert at breaking blogs.)
RSS feed. Yes, you diehard folks who read blog posts in a feed reader, you now have RSS fodder.
Merit Badge Mail: You can now opt in to learn about the latest Brand Camp happenings — and believe me, they’re going to be outstanding. So sign up in the top-right , pretty please.